Part 1: initial post | English homework help
In your life outside of school, think about some investigation you have done to satisfy your own curiosity. (Keep in mind the difference between “homework questions” and “research questions” as noted in What Is Research? (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.)
- What was your research question?
- What kind of information did you have to gather in order to answer it?
- What sources did you use to gather the information?
- Were you successful in answering the question?
- And, if you are willing to share, what was your answer?
- Respond to the bullet points.
- Your post should be at least 150-200 words.
- The post does not have to be grammatically perfect, but you should use standard English (no text-speak, please) and normal capitalization rules.
Part 2: Responses to Peers
After you have posted your own main response to the Discussion assignment, post at least two substantive responses, a minimum of 100 words each, to other students’ main postings, offering specific feedback about the ideas they posted. You must post your main Discussion posting before you can reply to other students.
A substantive post will do at least ONE of the following:
- Ask an interesting, thoughtful question pertaining to the topic
- Answer a question (in detail) posted by another student or the instructor
- Provide extensive additional information on the topic
- Explain, define, or analyze the topic in detail
- Share an applicable personal experience
- Provide an outside source (for example, a website) that applies to the topic, along with additional information about the topic or the source (please cite properly in APA)
- Make an argument concerning the topic.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!