1. What is your evaluation of how Levendary Café has entered the China market?
2. Case Brief: Consider the challenges of International and Organizational Culture. What should Mia Foster do generally, and what should she do specifically about Louis Chen: A) Leave him alone B) Remove/Replace him or C) Manage him?
3. Beyond her meeting with Louis, should Mia make changes in how headquarters manages the China subsidiary? If so, should the changes be formal (i.e., formal structures and processes) or informal (i.e., more frequent travel and communication between HQ and China)?
4. Would you propose any changes at Levendary Café headquarters?
5. What do you think of Mia’s ‘stages theory’ of country management responsibilities: go-getter – local baron – professional manager?