Finance project-9 page-on swap/option/forwards | Financial markets homework help
You will write a 9-page project in which you do three case studies. The case
studies may or may not come from the Global Derivatives Debacles book. One case must be related to Forwards/Futures, one to swaps, and one to options. For this project, you will choose real-life examples and will find in practice how
companies/industries use the financial instruments discussed in class. My
preference is for a description of how the use of a derivative was relevant in
understanding a historical event (a financial crisis, a big company collapsing
because of bad risk taking or fraud, how a city was rebuilt, or a war financed,
how a historical circumstance gave rise to the creation a derivative…) Citing
your sources will be crucial for a good grade. I want to see that you looked at
financial news and respectable sources to find the information needed. The
project can be written in groups of 2, or individually.
*If, and only if, you turn in a case for “evaluation” before the exam for
that section, I will give you feedback. All three cases must be turned in as
one project at the end of the semester.
Rubric for project grade:
– Good topic and supporting articles
– Detailed and clear explanation
– Organized presentation and format
– Completeness & length
Info on project
If you choose to do as case study one of the stories in the suggested book, which I highly encourage, this suggestions are for you:
– Your case study should consist on: a brief summary of what happened plus a detailed answer to the questions at the end of the chapter. (Each story in the book ends with a list of questions that can be answered with the information in the chapter).
– Skim all the cases and read twice the one you choose for each type of derivative. First, go through the details and try to figure out what happened. Write down what you don’t understand and come to my office to ask me. Then, go back to the chapter looking for the particular answers to the questions at the end.
– Each case study should be around 3-4 pages, 1.5 or double spaced. Use times new roman or book antiqua, size 12. 1-inch margins. Any graphs can be hand made, but very tidy. The graphs are not part of the 3-4 pages measure.
– For the entire project (the 3 cases put together), do a cover page, and a content page. Put graphs/appendix at the end of each case.
– Use your own words to explain things. I have the book, I don’t need you to type whole sentences from the chapter. I want your version, in your words, of what you understand happened.
Due date: Dec 12 at noon. In my office. Printed copy. NO EMAILING.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!