Case studies 1 & 2 | Nurse Practitioner
This Week’s Topics
Suggested Reading Material
- Jarvis, C. (2016). Physical examination & health assessment. Seventh edition. St. Louis, Mo.: Elsevier
- Mosby’s manual of diagnostic and laboratory tests (6th ed)
- Apply knowledge to differentiate subjective and objective information to construct an accurate and thorough past medical history (PMH). history of present illness (HPI) and physical examination (PE)
- Formulate accurate differential diagnoses to promote health, prevent disease, and manage acute and chronic illness in adult and geriatric population
- Employs screening and diagnostic strategies in the development of diagnoses.
- Critically analyze data and evidence for improving health outcomes
- Integrate nursing and related sciences into the delivery of care to clients in diverse healthcare settings.
- Apply practice guidelines to improve practice and health outcomes
- Evaluate the effectiveness of clinical prevention interventions that affect individual and population based-health outcomes, perform risk assessment, add design plans or programs of care.
Students must review the case study and answer all questions with a scholarly response using APA and include 2 scholarly references. Answer both case studies on the same document and upload 1 document to Moodle.
Case Study 1 & 2 topics change every semester. Topic TBD
The answers must be in your own words with reference to the journal or book where you found the evidence to your answer. Do not copy-paste or use past students’ work as all files submitted in this course are registered and saved in turn it in the program.
Answers must be scholarly and be 3-4 sentences in length with rationale and explanation. No Straight forward / Simple answer will be accepted.
Turn it in Score must be less than 25 % or will not be accepted for credit, must be your own work and in your own words. You can resubmit, Final submission will be accepted if less than 25 %. Copy paste from websites or textbooks will not be accepted or tolerated. Please see College Handbook with reference to Academic Misconduct Statement.
All answers to case studies must have reference cited in the text for each answer and a minimum of 2 Scholarly References (Journals, books) (No websites) per case Study
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!