https://www.thenursingmasters.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/logo.png 0 0 admin https://www.thenursingmasters.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/logo.png admin2023-04-02 06:16:522023-04-02 06:16:522 page discussion on a dance documentary
2 page discussion on a dance documentary
Watch the documentary Dancing at Jacob’s Pillow: Never Stand Still (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.. Available on FIU Library Database (watch the documentary prior to completing assignment 11)
Watch the documentary PINA (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.. Available on Netflix and other video recourses (watch the documentary prior to completing assignment 11)
- What are the major similarities between modern dance and post-modern dance? What are the differences?
- Who do you think were (or are) some of the most influential artists of the modern dance world? Why? What about post-modern artists?
- Discuss the quote by Deborah Jowitt that states that the Judson Dance Theatre members making a “comment on the times.” What do you think this quote means? What were “the times” all about when the Judson Dance Theatre was active and how do you think the artists were reacting to it?
- Why do you think Americans place an emphasis on movement in dance-theatre performances and form other countries put the emphasis on theatre?
- Do you think that the different audiences tha view dance-theatre have an impact on how it is performed? For examples, do you think that there is a difference between an American audience and a European audience and how the perceive and receive dance?
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!