1. imagine yourself at a fair playing one of the midway games. pick a
1. Imagine yourself at a fair playing one of the midway games. Pick a game and calculate the expected value and post your results along with how you calculated them. For example, you may decide to throw a basketball to try to win a $10 bear. You paid $2.00 for three shots. What is the expected value? (Please do not use this example in your answer)
2. In one sentence, summarize what you understand of the Central Limit Theorem.
3. Go to a local library; collect a sample of books consisting of the ages of book (based on copyright dates). Plan and describe the sampling procedure, then use the results to construct a confidence interval estimate of the mean age of all books in the library. Please, post and share your results with the class.
4. se the mean and the standard deviation obtained from the last module and test the claim that the mean age of all books in the library is greater that 2005. Share your results with the class.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!